Friday, November 18, 2011

Keeping On Top of Things

This week has been nuts, maybe because it is so close to the holidays. Regardless, my job has me running (literally), as one day I HAD to get to an appointment on time and the weather was monsoon-like. I delayed as long as I could and then finally decided that it wasn't going to let up and, hey, it's just a little rain. I had to ford a river in the parking lot that had to be 2 inches deep and I got drenched (but made it to my appointment!). During my venture to my car, approximately 100 yards or so, I was walking fast and then running, which probably got me wetter, but to the car much quicker. I was pleased that I could run and was only slightly winded.

I managed to bail on my walk/runs, except for the unplanned walk home after running out of gas. I did, however, make it to the gym twice and karate workouts twice (not counting teaching on Thursday). I also teach tomorrow, but plan to get some kata work in. So, for the upcoming 5K run on Thanksgiving, my cousin and I will likely walk and run in equal measure depending on how we feel. Still, that's a minimum 300 calorie burn, pre-Thanksgiving meal regardless of the method of getting there. Not too shabby for a holiday!

No comments:

Post a Comment