Wednesday, November 16, 2011

An Idiot Gets Fit

So, I drive my personal car for my job and I go all over the county I work for making home visits, school/daycare visits, etc. In the midst of my hurry and angst over trying to get my visits done during a monsoon-like rainstorm, I kinda sorta neglected to pay attention to the gas gauge. Well, duh...I ran out of gas, on the side of the road, thankfully, about 2.5 miles from my house.

Once I pulled over (before the car gave out completely), I debated calling a coworker to rescue me. Since it was not raining, I eventually decided to hoof it. So, I got out of my car and....I walked home. Now, it occurred to me that even once I got home and got the gas can that it likely weighed around 10 awkward pounds and I REALLY did not want to carry that weight back the 2.5 miles to my car. I gave in and called my husband, who graciously came from work and picked me up to drive me back to the car with the gas can. So I got my workout in....despite how my inattention created the conditions for such a workout to occur, I actually...enjoyed...the walk home.

Lesson learned: Opportunities to exercise may come about where you least expect them but look at the freaking gas gauge!

No comments:

Post a Comment