Monday, January 2, 2012

Resolutions

Wow...what an awesome few days! I started off my New Year running a fun run with my cousin. The year started on a hill in the middle of Tanglewood Park while running through a series of Christmas lights and displays. Very exhilarating! I got up early on New Year's morning and met some friends at the dojo where we did 100 kata in approximately 2.5 hours. (16 kata done 6 times each, plus a short kata known as Black Dragon 4 times each.) Tonight, I engaged in some excellent training, again, at the dojo. To say that my body is physically tired would be an understatement, but mentally, I feel enthusiastic and encouraged. Yay, endorphins!

While I do intend to continue my fitness journey, I don't know that I NEED a resolution to do this. There are many things I would like to work on for sure, especially in the area of fitness and my karate training, but I can resolve to do this anytime. Many people make resolutions for the New Year that are well-meaning, but they do not last. Believe me, I have been guilty of that for many years. Instead, I think a better route to resolving to do better, should be something that will improve ME as a person, rather than ME as a physical being. Yes, I want to be stronger, eat better, etc., but I also want to be kinder, more loving, and more forgiving. I don't make those promises just for the new year, but rather, I can start over every single day. Those are the resolutions that I would like to make and keep.

No comments:

Post a Comment