Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Today for the first time, I did "Cindys," (a Crossfit workout of the day) that consisted of 5 (weight assisted) pullups, 10 pushups, and 15 squats. I completed 10 rounds in 20 minutes, which is not great, but not bad either. I was sucking wind when I finished, but wow, did I feel good afterward. We will see how I feel in the morning!

I've been doing quite a bit of reading at several strength training for women websites. I am really enjoying Gubernatrix. The author there gives excellent advice about exercise technique, as well as demystifying the experience of the weight room.

I have yet to find a martial arts/fitness blog written by a woman. (Hey, maybe I'm the first!) I plan to keep searching, however. Most of what I have found is primarily focused on MMA style fighting. While I have nothing against MMA, even the representative women who engage in this form of martial exercise (I hesitate to call it an "art", but that is a post for another day) are...well, let's just say that there appears to be an emphasis on looks and their photogenic qualities. Again, definitely not knocking these women...they are active, after all, and I totally support that.

I know that there are more of us female martial artists out there who do our art because we love it. So back to the "Google" drawing board!

No comments:

Post a Comment