Friday, December 9, 2011

If you want true inspiration to get into the gym, or go to the track, or take a yoga class, you should really read this post over at Stumptuous.com. If you ever needed a reason to let go of your excuses as to why you shouldn't exercise, this poster can give them to you.

One of the reasons I try to work on my fitness is because I can. Almost two years ago, I had surgery on my ankle to remove some scar tissue that had developed as a result of my stubbornness at not resting it when I sprained it (so, yes, there was more than one lesson learned during that time). I was on crutches for what felt like forever...no karate, no gym, no nothing. After about three weeks, I got a walking boot thing. The head of our karate system came to visit around that time from out of town and I went to the dojo intending to watch and at least absorb by osmosis what he was teaching. He took one look at me and ordered me on the mat, asked me to bring the chair I was sitting in and told my fellow black belts to do the same. We spent the entire class in the chair working on different kicks and that was the BEST workout ever! I learned then that you can always find a way to work out!

No comments:

Post a Comment