Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Cinnamon Chicken

I don't like coconut, but since coconut milk pops up in Thai food (which I love!), I thought I'd try making Cinnamon Chicken that I got originally from this excellent clean eating website . I made a few changes to suit my tastes.

I don't really measure stuff exactly so the following measurements are fairly close. The original measurements can be found on the above website if you like being more precise.

1-2 large sweet potatoes, peeled and diced (the original recipe uses carrots)
4-5 boneless chicken breasts
1- 15 oz can of light coconut milk
1- 15 oz can of tomato sauce, no salt added
1 tsp of cinnamon
1/4-1/2 tsp of allspice
1/4 - 1/2 tsp of nutmeg
1/4 - 1/2 tsp of cloves

Put everything in the crockpot and cook on high for 4-5 hours or low for 8-9.
Once the chicken is cooked and the potatoes are tender, shred the chicken with two forks and mix it all up in the sauce. Add cooked brown rice (about 1 1/2 cups) and a bag of microwaved frozen broccoli. Mix it all up and heat through and then EAT!

It really tastes even better the second day for leftovers!

No comments:

Post a Comment